Underappreciated/Slept on bands that more people should be listening to
- Justin_Opportunities
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2025 12:57 am
- Pronouns: he/him
- Contact:
I was chatting with Ryoji from No Norms Records the other day about how Total Sham have gone under the radar a little for people. Who else is on the list?
Wasted Opportunities Zine
DIY Punk Fanzine & Zine Distro from Naarm/Melbourne, Australia.
DIY Punk Fanzine & Zine Distro from Naarm/Melbourne, Australia.
- Mittens XVX
- Posts: 66
- Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2025 8:54 pm
- Pronouns: he/him
- Favorite bands: GY!BE, Rudimentary Peni, Contropotere, Bastard, Masshysteri
When I wrote about Total Sham in this article, which is one of my favorites I wrote this year, I also mentioned Ancient Filth from Boston. Stunning band with great lyrics. I think they deserve much more appreciation.
I also listen to a lot of bands from Eastern Europe, Southeast Asia, and the Basque Country, which I think are pretty well-known within their regional circles but are obviously slept on internationally.
When it comes to classic bands, I'm a huge fan of Riot/Clone. They were among the biggest influences on my veganism, even more than Conflict, yet they’re rarely mentioned when people talk about UK anarcho-punk from the ’80s. Still, they’re one of the longest-running and most relevant bands.
I also listen to a lot of bands from Eastern Europe, Southeast Asia, and the Basque Country, which I think are pretty well-known within their regional circles but are obviously slept on internationally.
When it comes to classic bands, I'm a huge fan of Riot/Clone. They were among the biggest influences on my veganism, even more than Conflict, yet they’re rarely mentioned when people talk about UK anarcho-punk from the ’80s. Still, they’re one of the longest-running and most relevant bands.
Let us make symphonies of our grief, and of our coffins, battering rams.
- Justin_Opportunities
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2025 12:57 am
- Pronouns: he/him
- Contact:
Ancient Filth is another one! Should be much more known, maybe just lack of releases? Or consistency of output? The constant churn of 'content' wins again
Wasted Opportunities Zine
DIY Punk Fanzine & Zine Distro from Naarm/Melbourne, Australia.
DIY Punk Fanzine & Zine Distro from Naarm/Melbourne, Australia.
- Justin_Opportunities
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2025 12:57 am
- Pronouns: he/him
- Contact:
Kato are awesome! A similar band that hasn't had a lot of attention is UK's Gamma. One of my favorites
Wasted Opportunities Zine
DIY Punk Fanzine & Zine Distro from Naarm/Melbourne, Australia.
DIY Punk Fanzine & Zine Distro from Naarm/Melbourne, Australia.
-
billy_xvx
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2025 5:16 am
- Pronouns: He/him/his
- Favorite bands: Discharge, Crass, Black Sabbath, Motörhead, Cro Mags, early Disfear, Exit Stance, Conflict
Sick! I’ll check them out!Justin_Opportunities wrote: Fri Aug 15, 2025 9:12 am Kato are awesome! A similar band that hasn't had a lot of attention is UK's Gamma. One of my favorites
- ivel
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2025 7:47 am
- Pronouns: he/him
- Location: Norway
- Favorite bands: i like punk
- Contact:
Not sure if Youth Avoiders is slept on or not. I don't exactly have my fingers on the pulse of what's going on. But I really, really like them and wanted to share.
https://youthavoiders.bandcamp.com/album/relentless
https://youthavoiders.bandcamp.com/album/relentless
Armed with bricks and burning hearts!
- TofuSkin
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2025 7:43 pm
- Pronouns: He/Him
- Favorite bands: Camera Silens, Runnin Riot, The Press, Skint, Sympos, Criminal Damange, Crass, Blitz, Flux Of Pink Indians
I had never heard of Ancient Filth but they’re deadly!
Also Ancient Lights from Brighton have a new lp coming out soon which will be brilliant I think. Pure Anarcho
https://ancientlightspunx.bandcamp.com/ ... te-wall-ep
Also Ancient Lights from Brighton have a new lp coming out soon which will be brilliant I think. Pure Anarcho
https://ancientlightspunx.bandcamp.com/ ... te-wall-ep
XVX
-
Nanacellocrust
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2025 11:42 am
- Pronouns: She/her
- Location: Uk
- Favorite bands: Defiance Ohio, Habak, Fall of Efrafa, Morrow, Pat the Bunny, Propaghandi, Good Riddance
- Contact:
I feel Ashkara should get more love.
Me being a bowed instruments sucke, this and obviously feature a cello (I think, it could be a viola maybe?).
Anyway, some real emo crust apocalyptic vibes!
Me being a bowed instruments sucke, this and obviously feature a cello (I think, it could be a viola maybe?).
Anyway, some real emo crust apocalyptic vibes!