I'm doing an episode of my radio show with a space theme since it's space week soon in Ireland.
What have you got so far, I hear you ask (well no I don't really but I want to post about it).
B-52s - Planet Claire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOjAzI5zALo
B-52s - 52 Miles West of Venus
https ...
Search found 10 matches
- Tue Sep 29, 2026 11:55 pm
- Forum: Defend DIY Punk: General Discussion
- Topic: Punk songs about space/space exploration/scifi
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1,377
- Tue Sep 29, 2026 11:32 pm
- Forum: Defend DIY Punk: General Discussion
- Topic: Underappreciated/Slept on bands that more people should be listening to
- Replies: 17
- Views: 804,604
Re: Underappreciated/Slept on bands that more people should be listening to
They're probably not actually underappeciated/slept on, but I was listening to the second Zero Boys album recently and I was surprised that it wasn't some big world-conquering Hardcore Punk Classic™. It just sounds great to me, I don't have anything very insightful to say about it. "Drive In" is a ...
- Tue Sep 29, 2026 11:25 pm
- Forum: Defend DIY Punk: General Discussion
- Topic: Underappreciated/Slept on bands that more people should be listening to
- Replies: 17
- Views: 804,604
Re: Underappreciated/Slept on bands that more people should be listening to
That video is an absolute delight.Mittens XVX wrote: Mon Aug 18, 2025 6:03 am
Here's a funny video how South American kids are moshing to instrumental post-metal parts.
- Thu Jul 09, 2026 2:29 am
- Forum: Politics: From Protest to Resistance
- Topic: So, that Prairieland Verdict....
- Replies: 0
- Views: 28,456
- Thu Jul 02, 2026 1:25 pm
- Forum: Defend DIY Punk: General Discussion
- Topic: Best current print zines?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 91,315
Re: Best current print zines?
Yeah, I think the distro has really died a death, sadly, probably because it's a lot easier for people to sell stuff themselves these days (but with a reliance on big corporate platforms). You're dead right about instagram too.
I forgot to mention Fluke . I bought some zines from them a while ago ...
I forgot to mention Fluke . I bought some zines from them a while ago ...
- Wed Jul 01, 2026 2:01 am
- Forum: Defend DIY Punk: General Discussion
- Topic: International Zine Month!
- Replies: 0
- Views: 23,709
International Zine Month!
July is the unofficially official international zine month. Every year, Alex Wrekk creates a poster with suggestions for zine things to do in July .
https://stolensharpierevolution.org/wp-content/uploads/2026/06/IZM-2026-poster.png
I tried to tick a few suggestions off last year. Maybe this is ...
https://stolensharpierevolution.org/wp-content/uploads/2026/06/IZM-2026-poster.png
I tried to tick a few suggestions off last year. Maybe this is ...
- Tue Jun 16, 2026 2:09 am
- Forum: Defend DIY Punk: General Discussion
- Topic: Best current print zines?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 91,315
Re: Best current print zines?
Old topic buuuuut...
I think generally speaking zines are more commonly sold at zine events rather than at punk shows. I try to do my bit - it's a lot easier to sell stuff to drunk people - but mostly when zines are sold these days it's "zine" first not "punk" first. At least that's been my ...
I think generally speaking zines are more commonly sold at zine events rather than at punk shows. I try to do my bit - it's a lot easier to sell stuff to drunk people - but mostly when zines are sold these days it's "zine" first not "punk" first. At least that's been my ...
- Fri Jun 12, 2026 3:51 pm
- Forum: Do It Together: Mutual Aid & Cooperation
- Topic: P-U-N-K Webring
- Replies: 2
- Views: 34,833
Re: P-U-N-K Webring
thanks
there are a lot of communities of people online who are trying to run their own websites. The 32bit Café has a lot more details.
- Wed Jun 10, 2026 1:12 am
- Forum: Do It Together: Mutual Aid & Cooperation
- Topic: Mirlo Development
- Replies: 2
- Views: 62,770
Re: Mirlo Development
Hello!
I recently read the write up about Mirlo, and I thought it was very interesting.
As someone who is very heavily invested in fanfiction spaces, I would love to see them in conversation with the Archive of Our Own. AO3 has the most robust search on the internet, and its code can be used by ...
- Wed Jun 10, 2026 12:57 am
- Forum: Do It Together: Mutual Aid & Cooperation
- Topic: P-U-N-K Webring
- Replies: 2
- Views: 34,833
P-U-N-K Webring
Hi folks,
I run a couple of websites for myself and recently I've started running some webrings . The P-U-N-K Webring is a ring for punks who have websites and websites about punk. There's a pretty broad mix of sites - lots of personal sites owned by punk fans , but also a punk gig guide , a punk ...
I run a couple of websites for myself and recently I've started running some webrings . The P-U-N-K Webring is a ring for punks who have websites and websites about punk. There's a pretty broad mix of sites - lots of personal sites owned by punk fans , but also a punk gig guide , a punk ...